Southwest Michigan Family Law and Estate Planning Attorney Protecting Your Loved Ones
Providing strength and compassion in quality legal representation
At the Michigan law firm of McIntyre Law Office, PC, my legal team provides an unwavering commitment to providing creative solutions and personal attention. My firm treats each case with the respect and dedication it deserves. Whether you need representation in a divorce or child custody dispute or help creating an estate plan, my goal is to protect you and your family’s best interests efficiently and effectively.
Michelle McIntyre — An attorney who fights for you
I formed my law firm with the mission of providing outstanding legal services to families facing difficult challenges. When you partner with me to handle your legal issues, I provide:
- Attentiveness and responsiveness. I keep in close contact with my clients. Family matters typically require immediate attention, often after normal business hours, so I make myself accessible when you need me.
- Experienced and aggressive advocacy. Before practicing in Michigan, I practiced law in a large New York City law firm, so I have extensive experience that I now provide with a personal touch. I try to resolve matters outside the courtroom, but if necessary, I am not afraid to fight vigorously.
- Effective and efficient services. My detail-oriented work provides quality assurance involved in your divorce and estate planning matter. I am knowledgeable and have practical experience that allows me to relate to you on a personal and professional level.
- Professional background beyond the norm. As a certified mediator, I have the skills and experience to advise on the parameters for amicable solutions. I also will serve as your advocate should you choose a collaborative divorce. My master’s degree in nursing gives me a medical edge when drafting advance healthcare directives.
These qualities set my law firm apart from other Kalamazoo family attorneys. Your challenges are more than a case to me. I provide options or solutions to your problems.
Comprehensive legal services for Kalamazoo families
A divorce affects every area of your life, so you need a family lawyer that provides comprehensive services to assist you with whatever issues your family faces. My firm handles family and administrative matters such as:
- Child custody and support. Your children are your top priority, so protecting their best interests is my goal. I advocate on your behalf when obtaining joint or sole custody, and stand by you during the process of seeking legal or physical custody. Together we create a workable visitation schedule that best fits your family’s needs. My goal is that you obtain a fair determination for child support so your children’s financial requirements are met.
- Property division. I provide guidance in dividing marital assets and have extensive experience handling complex assets, such as family businesses, employment benefits and pension benefits. When appropriate I consult with accountants to protect your investments or locate hidden matrimonial assets.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. If you would like to make certain financial agreements before you get married, I can create a prenuptial agreement tailored to fit your needs. If you and your spouse have reached financial agreements after getting married that you want solidified by contract, we can put together a postnuptial agreement for you.
- Estate planning. I draft comprehensive estate plans to meet your needs. Whether you want a will, trust, power of attorney or advance healthcare directive, I handle all types of estate planning matters.
- Guardianships or conservatorships. A guardianship or conservatorship can be established for adults or children who need another person to handle personal or financial matters on their behalf.
Schedule your appointment with a proficient family law and estate planning attorney
If you are looking for an attorney who has the knowledge, skill and experience whether you need representation with your divorce, creating an estate plan or any other family law issue, contact me at 269-459-1400 or online. McIntyre Law Office, PC is open weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., but we also provide flexible weekend and evening hours by appointment.